To install a map on a Power Commander V fuel tuner, you will need to download the Dynojet Power Commander software using a Windows computer (or a Mac running Windows). Once you install the software, it is easy to download maps from the Dynojet.com website. Watch the video below to get started!
If you haven’t already, you will need to create an account at Dynojet.com to use the Power Commander software and install a map.
- To create an account, click “Register” in the top right corner of Dynojet.com.
- If you already have an account, click “Sign In.”
- Activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email you will receive after submitting your information.
Now that you have set up an account on Dynojet.com, here’s how you can download the Power Commander software.
- On the Dynojet homepage, find Support > Downloads. Once you are on the downloads page click on the Power Commander V’s image. It will take you to the Download Center for PCV.
- Scroll down to the Software section and expand the menu. Then click on the download icon.
- Once you click on the download icon, this downloads a zip file that you can either save or open. Either one is fine. The zip file needs to be extracted which can be done by double-clicking the zip file.
- Depending on how you have your computer set up, you may need to click yes to allow the file to download or yes to allow an app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device. These messages usually appear at the bottom of your browser screen.
- If you get a message that says “Default location for maps has been changed. Would you like to copy all existing maps to a new location?” please click Yes.
The Dynojet Power Commander software should now be open and look like the screen below:
- Plug your Power Commander V into your computer using the supplied USB cable. The port on the Power Commander V is located on the right side of the device and is weather protected by a rubber strip that you can peel back.
- Click View > Show Notes to see a description of the map on your device.
- To download a different map, go to our Tunes page and select the appropriate drop-down fields to see a list of tunes available for your specific vehicle and save it to a location on your computer that you can find.
- If you don’t see a download icon, and instead see “Login”, this means you still need to either sign in or register for an account, as mentioned above.
- Only the first 10 maps are displayed by default. Scroll down for a button that shows all the maps or use the search box at the top.
- Go back to the Power Commander software and click the “Open Map” button on the left.
- To find where you downloaded the map, click on the file, and click “Open.” You can see the map has downloaded because the notes will change to the same description you saw on the Dynojet website.
- To send the map to the Power Commander, click the Send Map button. You will see a “Map File Opened Successfully” message at the very bottom of the screen.
For additional Power Commander V resources -- including manuals, software downloads, and firmware downloads, please visit our Downloads Center. And if you need additional help, please feel free to contact us.