Often times it is requested of the techs to deliver a tune which is compatible with an alternate stock file compat/checksum, especially in the TS111 line where Dynojet has collected over 30 different checksums for the same TS111 engine throughout the various years. This manifests itself as a customer identifying a tune as 29002306 but his read stock file does not contain the proper checksum (0FF398FD vs 971A4C7C) but still within the same A7D0 compat.
When this occurs, a quick changeover can be made using PowerCore software to accommodate their request. To do so:
- Open the customer’s stock file in C3.
- Then, open the tune he desires to be converted to also in C3.
- Once both documents open, left click on the stock file to select it.
- From the compare tab in SW, click on Compare tunes with the left file as the STK and the Right file as the desired tune.
- The comparison document will BOLD any table/folder set itemizing differences between the two files.
- Click on each table in bold, highlight the entire table data, and enter a 0 to “Zero out the compare.”
- This may also require axes changes.
- Once complete, copy the notes from the tune, alter the Compat/Checksum line within the tune notes, and resave as a DJT to deliver to the customer.