The most common problem we see with returned Power Commander is damage to the wiring harness. If the Power Commanders’ wiring harness is cut or nicked by the frame or sharp bracket it can short to ground. Once this happens a number of symptoms may be present, overly rich running, hesitation, stalling, etc. We suggest very closely inspecting the harness for any signs of damage. Small cuts may be difficult to see. If any damage is found, you can simply retape that area, unless the wiring is significantly shorted.
Articles in this section
- Why doesn’t Dynojet offer tunes for snowmobiles?
- What is Knock, Detonation, and Pre-ignition?
- If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?
- On my Harley Touring model once in a while my cruise control and 6th gear light will stop working.
- I ride a lot in the rain. Do I need to wrap my Power Commander in a plastic bag?
- I have had a Power Commander on my bike for quite a while and it has been running great. One day it just started running rough (like it was a cylinder was misfiring) so I disconnected the Power Commander and it went away. What could be the problem with th
- If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose it's map?
- I am having trouble starting the engine when the Power Commander is installed.
- My engine makes a popping noise on deceleration, how to I get rid of this?
- File and Power Commander version incompatible error appears when I try to load a map