Answer: The Power Commander USB needs to be powered up by either the bike or a brand new 9 volt battery via the battery adapter. If the unit is not powered up, the computer will only see a USB device being plugged in, but will not allow the software to communicate. If a battery has been plugged in for around 5 minutes, it may be too low on power to allow good communication.
Articles in this section
- My ignition module does not show up after having the firmware loaded. If you go to "View" and "Power Commander Information" menu, the only module shown is Module 0. The Power Commander software does not show an ignition table, either.
- The buttons on my Power Commander don't feel like they are moving
- I'm having trouble installing the Accelerator Pump Utility to my USB Power Commander III.
- I want to alter the map in my power commander but I cannot get my computer close enough to my motorcycle
- How do I adjust the buttons on the faceplate of a Power Commander III?
- My throttle position in the Control Center software is not reading 0%
- How can I tell what PCIII USB Control Center Software version I have?
- The Start-up Fuel and Rev Xtend features are not showing up in the Power Commander III USB software's features dialog box.
- The Power Commander 3 USB does not power up anymore after loading the firmware for my ignition module.
- The firmware program does not appear to work and I get an error code that has a "0x005, 0x008, 8001" or something similar.