The map in a Power Commander controls how the vehicle runs. The correct map should make the engine run well; the wrong map may cause the engine to run poorly. To load a map in a Power Commander, you need to have installed the correct Power Commander Software and maps. Both of these are freely available on our website. First open the software, and then select Open Map. Select a map you want to use, then Send Map to overwrite the current map with the one you have selected. The Power Commander III USB needs power to complete this; either the 9-volt adapter or by running the engine. The Power Commander V only needs the USB cable to do this.
Articles in this section
- Why doesn’t Dynojet offer tunes for snowmobiles?
- What is Knock, Detonation, and Pre-ignition?
- If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?
- On my Harley Touring model once in a while my cruise control and 6th gear light will stop working.
- I ride a lot in the rain. Do I need to wrap my Power Commander in a plastic bag?
- I have had a Power Commander on my bike for quite a while and it has been running great. One day it just started running rough (like it was a cylinder was misfiring) so I disconnected the Power Commander and it went away. What could be the problem with th
- If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose it's map?
- I am having trouble starting the engine when the Power Commander is installed.
- My engine makes a popping noise on deceleration, how to I get rid of this?
- File and Power Commander version incompatible error appears when I try to load a map