The Power Commander V, SFM, and PCV Ignition module all take the same version of firmware, and all modules on one vehicle need to have the same version. The Power Commander III USB and Ignition module have different versions of firmware available, and they need to have compatible versions. If you update your Ignition module, you may also need to update your Power Commander. Be sure you select the correct firmware for your device. The Power Commander III USB needs the 9 volt adapter to do a firmware update. The Ignition module needs the Programmer module and 9 volt adapter. The latest firmware is freely available on our webpage.
Articles in this section
- Why doesn’t Dynojet offer tunes for snowmobiles?
- What is Knock, Detonation, and Pre-ignition?
- If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?
- On my Harley Touring model once in a while my cruise control and 6th gear light will stop working.
- I ride a lot in the rain. Do I need to wrap my Power Commander in a plastic bag?
- I have had a Power Commander on my bike for quite a while and it has been running great. One day it just started running rough (like it was a cylinder was misfiring) so I disconnected the Power Commander and it went away. What could be the problem with th
- If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose it's map?
- I am having trouble starting the engine when the Power Commander is installed.
- My engine makes a popping noise on deceleration, how to I get rid of this?
- File and Power Commander version incompatible error appears when I try to load a map