The Power Commander III USB has an option to lock a map. Follow the directions below to lock:
- Go to Tools > Environment Options.
- Press the three keys Ctrl – Alt – M at the same time. You should now have fields for Password, and the lock button.
- Type in a password twice and press Lock.
- Once the Power Commander is locked, you will not be able to Get or Send a map unless you follow the same process to unlock it.
- If the password is lost, doing a reset will unlock the Power Commander, but the map will be lost.