The Power Commander is controlled by firmware in the unit. This firmware can be updated in the field by running a firmware update. The latest firmware is always available on our website. Firmware updates are how Dynojet introduces new features, and fixes known problems. A firmware update is not required unless you are having a problem, or want to take advantage of newer features. You have to be using the latest desktop software to install the latest firmware. Just download and save the latest firmware, and then unzip the file someplace you can find quickly on your computer, like the desktop. Next, run the update firmware from within the Power Commander desktop software. The update will take a few minutes to run; when complete your firmware should be up to date. The Power Commander V firmware update often needs to be run a few times to complete fully. The Power Commander III USB needs the 9 volt adapter to perform a firmware update.
Articles in this section
- Why doesn’t Dynojet offer tunes for snowmobiles?
- What is Knock, Detonation, and Pre-ignition?
- If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?
- On my Harley Touring model once in a while my cruise control and 6th gear light will stop working.
- I ride a lot in the rain. Do I need to wrap my Power Commander in a plastic bag?
- I have had a Power Commander on my bike for quite a while and it has been running great. One day it just started running rough (like it was a cylinder was misfiring) so I disconnected the Power Commander and it went away. What could be the problem with th
- If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose it's map?
- I am having trouble starting the engine when the Power Commander is installed.
- My engine makes a popping noise on deceleration, how to I get rid of this?
- File and Power Commander version incompatible error appears when I try to load a map