To reset the Power Commander, connect it to the software and power it up using the 9-volt adapter. Once you have communication established go to the "Tools" menu and select "Environmental Options". Once you have selected that option a window will appear that has a black rectangular button at the bottom that reads "Reset Power Commander". If the button is not visible then you would have to hit the "Control" and "R" keys at the same time on the computer keyboard to display it. If you are using a custom map or one that has been altered, make sure you save a copy of your map first, as the reset procedure will zero out the map and reset the power commander to the factory default settings.
Articles in this section
- My ignition module does not show up after having the firmware loaded. If you go to "View" and "Power Commander Information" menu, the only module shown is Module 0. The Power Commander software does not show an ignition table, either.
- The buttons on my Power Commander don't feel like they are moving
- I'm having trouble installing the Accelerator Pump Utility to my USB Power Commander III.
- I want to alter the map in my power commander but I cannot get my computer close enough to my motorcycle
- How do I adjust the buttons on the faceplate of a Power Commander III?
- My throttle position in the Control Center software is not reading 0%
- How can I tell what PCIII USB Control Center Software version I have?
- The Start-up Fuel and Rev Xtend features are not showing up in the Power Commander III USB software's features dialog box.
- The Power Commander 3 USB does not power up anymore after loading the firmware for my ignition module.
- The firmware program does not appear to work and I get an error code that has a "0x005, 0x008, 8001" or something similar.