To adjust the buttons on your Power Commander III, follow the instructions below:
- With the ignition off, hold down all three buttons on the Power Commander III unit.
- While still holding down the buttons, turn on the ignition and start the bike.
- Release the buttons.
- The light(s) should show up in the last place they were left, by default the center two lights.
- Select the range you wish to adjust: Low, Med, High by pushing the corresponding button once, (these ranges are determined by taking the bikes RPM limit and then dividing it into thirds).
- At this point holding that button down will move the lights down (leaning out the mixture). Pushing the button repeatedly will move the light up (richening the mixture). When the two center lights are lit up this is the “0” setting.
- After making your adjustments wait 20 seconds before turning it off. This allows the settings to be saved to memory.