The Power Commander is a tuning tool to adjust fuel, and on some models ignition timing. Just adding a Power Commander to a completely stock vehicle usually does not increase peak horsepower. It usually will improve drivability, throttle response, and mid-range horsepower and torque. If the vehicle has been modified in some way to increase airflow through the motor, the Power Commander can provide the correct amount of fuel for those modifications. This will often give an increase in overall horsepower.
Articles in this section
- Why doesn’t Dynojet offer tunes for snowmobiles?
- What is Knock, Detonation, and Pre-ignition?
- If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?
- On my Harley Touring model once in a while my cruise control and 6th gear light will stop working.
- I ride a lot in the rain. Do I need to wrap my Power Commander in a plastic bag?
- I have had a Power Commander on my bike for quite a while and it has been running great. One day it just started running rough (like it was a cylinder was misfiring) so I disconnected the Power Commander and it went away. What could be the problem with th
- If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose it's map?
- I am having trouble starting the engine when the Power Commander is installed.
- My engine makes a popping noise on deceleration, how to I get rid of this?
- File and Power Commander version incompatible error appears when I try to load a map