When a Power Vision is married to a bike, a copy of the tune in the ECM is saved in a hidden slot on the Power Vision called Original Tune. To retrieve this tune, with the Power Vision plugged into the bike, go to Program Vehicle/Load Tune/Load Copy/Load Copy of Original. Click Ok. Select one of the 8 custom slots, and save the Original tune there. When this step completes, exit out of the menu. With the Original tune in a custom slot, you can connect the Power Vision to your personal computer and use WinPV to Get Tune. The tune should be named “copy of Original tune”. Once the tune is open in WinPV, you can go to File, Save As. Give the tune a name and click Save. The default directory is My Documents/Power Vision. The Original Tune from the bike is now saved on your computer.
Articles in this section
- Trouble locking a Power Vision to your ECM, or flashing a tune?
- Fail to Unlock or Flash Procedures
- Power Vision Autotune Error Condition Descriptions
- Target Tune Troubleshooting Guide
- Power Vision Recovery Info
- What happens if there is a problem with Target Tune?
- How does Target Tune AutoTune process work?
- Do the adaptive fuel factors get committed to my calibration?
- How do I set up channels?
- How can I tell if Target Tune is working?