If you are prompted to Cap or Scale after an AutoTune session, this means that AutoTune wants to increase one cell or more, in the VE tables, beyond the maximum value of 127.5. If this happens, AutoTune will prompt you to make a choice. Cap will raise that cell or cells to 127.5 and stop there. Scale will increase the engine displacement by a percentage, and then decrease all of the VE cells by that same percentage; effectively giving you the exact same amount of fuel. Then AutoTune will apply the changes it learned during the session. It is usually safe to choose Scale once or twice, and then choose Cap thereafter.
Articles in this section
- Trouble locking a Power Vision to your ECM, or flashing a tune?
- Fail to Unlock or Flash Procedures
- Power Vision Autotune Error Condition Descriptions
- Target Tune Troubleshooting Guide
- Power Vision Recovery Info
- What happens if there is a problem with Target Tune?
- How does Target Tune AutoTune process work?
- Do the adaptive fuel factors get committed to my calibration?
- How do I set up channels?
- How can I tell if Target Tune is working?