No, AutoTune Basic will not work correctly to adjust ignition timing. During the AutoTune Basic process, the tune is temporarily changed to run at fairly lean air fuel ratios (AFR). This is because you are using stock narrowband O2 sensors, which will only read fairly lean AFR ratios. Running this lean may cause engine knock, something that would not occur under normal AFR settings. AutoTune Pro uses our wideband O2 sensors, and will work correctly to adjust ignition timing.
Articles in this section
- Trouble locking a Power Vision to your ECM, or flashing a tune?
- Fail to Unlock or Flash Procedures
- Power Vision Autotune Error Condition Descriptions
- Target Tune Troubleshooting Guide
- Power Vision Recovery Info
- What happens if there is a problem with Target Tune?
- How does Target Tune AutoTune process work?
- Do the adaptive fuel factors get committed to my calibration?
- How do I set up channels?
- How can I tell if Target Tune is working?