First make sure that you are using the correct version of PowerCore software. This version will start with 1.10.xxxx.xxxx. If that is correct try holding down the top and bottom buttons on the face of the CX unit, while plugging in a USB cable that is connected to the computer. This will cause the CX unit to go into Boot mode, and Windows may install drivers that will resolve the issue. Just let Windows churn for a minute or two, then disconnect the CX unit, and reconnect normally.
Articles in this section
- Power Core File Types and Extensions
- Gauge Templates in Dyno Control
- How to Compare Vehicles
- Data Center – Trim Functionality
- Setting Up a Pressure Table with Autotune Enabled in C3
- Auto Start/Stop Run in Dyno Control Software
- Using the Power Core “Cell Tracing” Feature with a Power Vision Device and Power Vision Tune File
- Calibrating the Speedometer on a Polaris in Power Core
- I can’t find a table I just used in Power Core.
- New Software Feature - Rotating Axes